At Solway View, we believe we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate and are committed to improving environmental performance across all our business activities. We also encourage our business partners to support us in this effort. We recognise our key impacts to be in the areas of:
We will strive to:
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, by meeting & exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Assess our farm & holiday site activities and identify areas where we can minimise our impacts.
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible [e.g. recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable tariffs].
- Publicise our environmental position.
- Engage & encourage guests in good environmental practice. Inform guests of involvement in environmental action.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for guests and visitors near our operations.
- Adopt a green transport strategy, including a travel to our location policy.
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions.
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems in our own business and in our sector.
- Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations and set meaningful and realistic targets to improve our performance.
- Solway View Holidays is a Gold Award/b>member of the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
“TINA THE TURNER”
Our amazing wind turbine! Tina provides (hopefully) all the power for Solway View. Solar Panels also help heat the water for the main shower block.